Vacancy Ref: IADSA/2017 / Finance Officer
The Technical Support Unit of the "Italian-Albanian Debt for Development Swap Programme" is seeking a qualified candidate as
Vacancy Ref: IADSA/2017/Finance Officer
The current Italian-Albanian Development Cooperation Programme includes an innovative instrument of financing: the Debt for Development Swap Program (IADSA), which is meant to support the implementation of projects in the social sector proposed by the concerned Albanian Public Institutions. In this framework, the Ministry of Finance and Economy of the Republic of Albania and the Italian Embassy in Tirana have established the IADSA Management Committee supported by the Technical Support Unit (TSU).
The Financial Officer will work under the direct supervision of the two Co Directors of the TSU.
Contract type is Service Agreement with duration 12 months, renewable. A probationary period of six months is foreseen. The Financial Officer will be based in Tirana in the premises of the Albanian Ministry of Finance and Economy at the TSU Office.
- Assist the Co-Directors to develop TSU¡¦s six months operational budget projections to be submitted to the Management Committee for approval in line with the IADSA Operational Manual;
- Manage the financial accountancy of the TSU¡¦s operational budget under the supervision of the Co-Directors;
- Monitor and check all the Financial Reports and annexed proofs of expenditure of Projects funded by IADSA, submitted by the Albanian Public Institutions acting as Executing Entities in line with respective Project and Financing Contracts and approved Budget breakdowns, under the supervision of the Co-Directors;
- Prepare on six months basis a financial monitoring report of funded projects as per their respective status of implementation to be submitted to the Co-Directors
- Provide any advice to the Co-Directors on administrative and financial management decisions; briefs and advises the relevant Executing Entities on administrative, financial, personnel, and related matters.
Eligibility Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in accountancy, finance, business administration or economics
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in financial management and administration, in particular in the preparation of financial reports and monitoring budget expenditures
- Previous working experiences of at least 12 months in the financial management of projects implemented in accordance with EU procedures will be considered as an asset
- Advanced level of written and verbal Albanian and English
- Good knowledge of written and verbal Italian
- Extensive experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work in group
- The closing date for applications is October 31, 2017 (electronic application is mandatory)
If you meet all the eligibility requirements and criteria and have the commitment to take on these responsibilities, please send your CV in the EU format (Europass: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae) and a motivation letter both in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating Vacancy Ref.: IADSA/2017/Finance Officer.
In the CV for each work assignment it is mandatory to indicate exactly the start and end dates (month / year), the position held and the employer.
Failure to meet any of the eligibility requirements and criteria means an automatic exclusion from the selection procedure. Only applicants with nationality will be considered for the vacancy. For any additional information you can contact the TSU in Tirana by email to the above specified email address.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. The selection commission will verify during the interview(s) whether short-listed candidates comply with the requirement of an advanced knowledge of Albanian and English and a satisfactory knowledge of Italian. Appointment to the post shall only take effect on condition that the selected candidate will submit certified copies of the university degree and employment certificates which demonstrate that the candidate meet all the eligibility requirements and criteria above specified.