IADSA - Technical Support Unit (TSU) - IADSA/2015/Driver (closed)
The Technical Support Unit of the “Italian-Albanian Debt for Development Swap Programme” is seeking a qualified candidate as Driver / Logistician
Vacancy Ref: IADSA/2015/Driver
The current Italian-Albanian Development Cooperation Programme includes an innovative instrument of financing: the Debt for Development Swap Program (IADSA), which is meant to support the implementation of projects in the social sector proposed by the concerned Albanian Public Institutions. In this framework, the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Albania and the Italian Embassy in Tirana have established the IADSA Management Committee supported by the Technical Support Unit (TSU).
The Driver / Logistician will work under the direct supervision of the two Co Directors of the TSU. Contract type is Service Agreement with duration 12 months, renewable. The Driver / Logistician will be based in Tirana in the premises of the Albanian Ministry of Finance at the TSU Office and will be expected to travel on a regular basis within Albania.
- Drive in appropriate and safe way strictly following Albanian traffic rules.
- Ensure the full function of assigned vehicle being responsible for maintenance (check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc).
- Responsible for safe parking of the assigned vehicle.
- Keep detailed records of the usage of the vehicles.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Cooperate with TSU’s staff and Co Directors in office logistics.
- Assist and support the Project and Finance Officers in the performance of their duties;
- Perform other related duties as assigned:
- Clerical tasks (i.e reception).
Essential Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
- Drive License (minimum B category) since at least ten years
- Minimum 5 years of working experience as driver in Albania.
- Working experience with any International Organization and / or NGOs will be considered as an asset.
- Basic level of verbal English.
- Good knowledge of Italian.
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work in group.
The closing date for applications is February 6, 2015. If you have the background and commitment to take on these responsibilities, please send your CV in a EU format (Europass) in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating Vacancy Ref.: IADSA Albania / Driver (electronic application is mandatory).
For any additional information you can contact the TSU in Tirana by email to the above specified email address. Only applicants with Albanian nationality will be considered for the vacancy. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.