IADSA - Technical Support Unit (TSU) - IADSA/2015/Finance Officer (closed)
The Technical Support Unit of the “Italian-Albanian Debt for Development Swap Programme” is seeking a qualified candidate as Finance Officer
Vacancy Ref: IADSA/2015/Finance Officer
The current Italian-Albanian Development Cooperation Programme includes an innovative instrument of financing: the Debt for Development Swap Program (IADSA), which is meant to support the implementation of projects in the social sector proposed by the concerned Albanian Public Institutions. In this framework, the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Albania and the Italian Embassy in Tirana have established the IADSA Management Committee supported by the Technical Support Unit (TSU). The Financial Officer will work under the direct supervision of the two Co Directors of the TSU.
Contract type is Service Agreement with duration 12 months, renewable. A probationary period of three months is foreseen. The Financial Officer will be based in Tirana in the premises of the Albanian Ministry of Finance at the TSU Office.
- Manage the financial accountancy of the TSU’s operational budget under the supervision of the Co Directors.
- In line with approved budget breakdown included in the Operational Manual of the Programme, develop TSU’s six months operational budget projections.
- Elaborate budget projections on six months basis of projects approved by the Management Committee as per their respective status of implementation
- Monitor and check all the financial report/receipts of implementation submitted by contracted Albanian Public Institutions.
- Monitor and evaluate the projects expenditure in line with the agreed project agreements and budget lines with codirectors.
- Provide advice to the Co-Directors on administrative and financial policy decisions; briefs and advises the relevant beneficiary institutions on administrative, financial, personnel, and related matters.
Eligibility Requirements, Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree in accountancy, finance, business administration or economics
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in financial management and administration
- Recognized and documented ability to prepare financial reports and monitor budget expenditures
- Previous working experiences in the field of finance with any International Organization and / or NGOs will be considered as an asset
- Advanced level of written and verbal English
- Good knowledge of Italian
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and ability to work in group
The closing date for applications is October 30, 2015 (electronic application is mandatory)
If you meet all the eligibility requirements and criteria and have the commitment to take on these responsibilities, please send your CV in the EU format (Europass: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae) and a motivation letter both in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating Vacancy Ref.: IADSA/2015/Finance Officer.
Applications submitted in a language other than English and CV compiled in formats different from the Europass one will be excluded.
For each work assignment must be indicated exactly the start and end dates (month / year), the position held and the employer. Failure to meet any of the eligibility requirements and criteria means an automatic exclusion from the selection procedure. Only applicants with Albanian nationality will be considered for the vacancy.
For any additional information you can contact the TSU in Tirana by email to the above specified email address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. The selection commission will verify during the interview(s) whether short-listed candidates comply with the requirement of an advanced knowledge of English and a satisfactory knowledge of Italian. Appointment to the post shall only take effect on condition that the selected candidate will submit certified copies of the university degree and employment certificates which demonstrate that the candidate meet all the eligibility requirements and criteria.